The Department of Innovation, Tourism Industry Development and the Commonwealth Games has a key focus on leading the Advance Queensland initiative, the success of the 2018 Gold Coast Commonwealth Games (GC2018) and growing tourism in the state.
It works collaboratively with industry and other government agencies to further the Advance Queensland agenda and to develop the strategies and capabilities to deliver the Queensland Government’s objectives:
- creating jobs and a diverse economy
- delivering quality frontline services
- protecting the environment
- building safe, caring and connected communities.
Supporting the Queensland Government objectives for the community is a strategic outcome for all areas of the department.
- Innovation – supporting innovative practice across government and leading the $650 million Advance Queensland initiative to foster innovation and entrepreneurialism, capitalise on our natural advantages and help raise Queensland’s profile as an attractive investment destination.
- Tourism Industry Development – works in partnership with Tourism and Events Queensland and the Queensland tourism industry, supports the Queensland tourism industry to grow visitors, yield and jobs and create a business environment conducive to a strong, profitable and globally competitive tourism industry.
- Commonwealth Games – in 2018 delivered 4 new venues and 7 upgrades to existing venues, the Arts and Culture program as well as the Embracing 2018 legacy program to maximise long term economic and social benefits for Queensland.
Our Strategic Plan 2017-21 communicates our key priorities, strategies and measures of success.
Our annual report is an account of our work and financial position for the 12 months ending 30 June. It reflects our performance against our strategic plan. It also lists the legislation we administer and provides an overview of the department's organisational chart.
DITID is also working to ensure to achieve the Queensland Government target for 50 percent female representation on our boards, committees and government bodies
The department works closely with Tourism and Events Queensland (TEQ).
DITID is also working to ensure to achieve the Queensland Government target for 50 percent female representation on our boards, committees and government bodies .
TEQ works to showcase Queensland as an attractive destination for tourists and investment in tourism infrastructure, events and experiences. It has a leading role in facilitating the development of sector capability and tourism product.
Please contact us to find out more about our organisation.
Careers with us
At DITID you can have a fulfilling and rewarding career working with talented people in exciting areas like Tourism and Innovation. Your employment experience with DITID will include competitive salary and benefits, flexible working options while maintaining a healthy work–life balance. If you love a challenge and enjoy working in a diverse and inclusive environment, come and join our team.
The department offers a wide range of roles that include:
- Program and project management
- Grants management
- Stakeholder engagement
- Corporate – human resource management, procurement, marketing and communications, policy, performance and reporting, risk and assurance services
All of our vacancies are posted on the Queensland Government Smart jobs and careers website.