Boards, committees and other government bodies
Queensland Government boards, committees and other government bodies play an important role in providing leadership, direction and advice across many areas of Queensland Government activity.
There are seven boards, committees or other government bodies in the portfolio of the Minister for Innovation and Tourism Industry Development and Minister for Commonwealth Games.
- Tourism and Events Queensland Board
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business and Innovation Reference Group
- Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games Corporation
- Gold Coast Events Management Ltd
- Legacy Advisory Committee for the Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games
- International Education and Training Advisory Group
The Queensland Government is committed to its gender diversity targets announced in July 2015 of 50% female representation on state boards and bodies by 2020 with 50 per cent of all new appointees to government bodies to be women.
These targets are a priority for DITID and to enable the department to reach its targets it has developed a DITID Women on Boards Action plan (DOCX, 235.6KB).
This plan can be seen in action through the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Business and Innovation Reference Group, where over half the members are female Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander entrepreneurs, business leaders and researchers, recruited to provide strategic advice on matters that impact Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities.
DITID’s boards, committees and government bodies have various roles and functions, such as:
- attracting international domestic travellers to travel to and within Queensland through marketing and promoting Queensland
- providing independent advice to Government on international education and training in Queensland
- providing advice and assistance on Gold Coast 2018 Commonwealth Games legacy issues
- providing advice and recommendations to Government on future directions, opportunities and challenges in regard to science, innovation, economic development and the growth of the knowledge economy and corresponding jobs in Queensland.
To find out more about specific boards, committees and other Queensland Government bodies visit Queensland Register of Appointees to Government Bodies and search by name and other options for membership, roles and functions.
You can also:
- nominate to join a board, committee or other government body – put yourself forward to be considered for a rewarding and productive way to get involved with government
- read about the remuneration for people serving on boards and committees (PDF)