Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan
In accordance with the Waste Reduction and Recycling Act 2011 each Queensland Government department is required to have a strategic waste management plan in place for dealing with the waste generated by the department in carrying out its activities.
The department's Waste Reduction and Recycling Plan (PDF, 104.2KB):
- describes our approach to waste management
- outlines priority activities for the three-year period
- provides direction on the development of specific initiatives to improve waste performance
- outlines how we will contribute towards the goals and targets of Queensland’s State Waste Management Strategy.
Waste reduction and recycling priorities to 2021
- Establishing a baseline of the types and quantities of waste the department generates
- Collection of quantitative data of the waste generated at the department's CBD office location
The Act requires that the department should prepare an annual report on the operation of its waste reduction and recycling plan during each financial year.