We can help you find the COVID-19 government recovery package information that may help you and your business.
This information will continue to be updated as more details become available about government recovery packages.
The Queensland Government has announced the first stage of the state’s economic reset, The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs to help the State recover from COVID-19 with a focus on backing Queensland jobs.
$50 million tourism recovery package
As part of this Economic Recovery Strategy, a $50 million tourism recovery package is available to fast-track tourism projects and help our national tourism icons. The package is part of a strategic recovery approach and vision for our state's future.
$100 million small business, grants and training package
Queensland small businesses can also now apply for a grant of up to $10,000 under a new new $100 million package to help them counter the impact of COVID-19.
Other funding packages
$4 billion COVID-19 economic relief package
The Queensland Government announced a $4 billion COVID-19 economic relief package to support health, jobs, households and Queensland businesses.
This is in addition to the $27.25 million coronavirus industry recovery package.
Other Queensland Government initiatives
- Jobs Support $500 million loan facility for loans of up to $250,000, interest free for the first 12 months
- Payroll tax deferment for impacted Queensland businesses until the end of 2020
- Power bill relief for impacted small and medium sized Queensland businesses.
You can find all Queensland Government business support information on the Business Queensland website.
Tourism business support
We are providing relief for Queensland tourism businesses including:
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for Inbound Tour Operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on Marina Charges and Passenger Levies
- deferral of Tourism Lease Rent Payments.
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is offering free membership, advocacy and support. You can also call (07) 3236 1445.
Australian Government packages
- International Freight Assistance Mechanism for agriculture and seafood export sectors
- JobKeeper payment for businesses to keep paying their employees
- JobKeeper payment for sole traders
- Assistance for commercial tenancies in financial distress
- Supporting apprentices and trainees by assisting employers with wage subsidies
- Early access to superannuation for casual workers with an income or hours reduced by 20% or more to access their superannuation tax-free
- Supporting apprentices and trainees by assisting employers with apprentices and trainees wages.
Last updated: 19 May 2020