Tourism industry support
We are listening and understand that the COVID-19 crisis is impacting our tourism industry.
The Queensland Government has announced the first stage of the state’s economic reset, The Queensland Economic Recovery Strategy: Unite and Recover for Queensland Jobs, to help the State recover from COVID-19 with a focus on backing Queensland jobs.
$50 million tourism recovery package
The $50 million tourism recovery package is available to fast-track tourism projects and help our national tourism icons. The package is part of a strategic recovery approach and vision for our state's future.
$100 million small business, grants and training package
Queensland small businesses can also now apply for a grant of up to $10,000 under a new $100 million package to help them counter the impact of COVID-19.
Fees, levies and rent relief
We are providing relief for Queensland tourism businesses including:
- supporting exhibiting zoos and aquariums with fixed operational costs
- state land rent relief for farmers, businesses, tourism operators, and community and sports clubs
- waiving application fees for some variations to liquor licences
- waiving registration renewal fees for Inbound Tour Operators
- waiving of daily fees for commercial activity agreements and permits
- rebate on Marina Charges and Passenger Levies
- deferral of Tourism Lease Rent Payments.
Queensland Tourism Industry Council standing with you
The Queensland Tourism Industry Council (QTIC) is available to support you and they understand what you are going through. QTIC is focusing on:
- cash support
- interest-free loans
- wage subsidies
- local government fee relief
The QTIC helplines are open and we encourage you to make contact if you need support for:
- general financial advice on email@example.com
- business and personal distress support on 0407 133 690
- general insurance advice on 07 3002 3051
- HR advice on 02 9083 0033.
Public health directions
It is important to know and understand the public health directions and how it affects your tourism business. Tourism Events Queensland offers clarity and guidance including the latest advice for accommodation providers.
Business support and wellbeing
Queenslanders are uniting in the fight against COVID-19 and we all have a part in keeping our state safe and supporting each other to recovery. Find industry updates, support and mental wellbeing information on our business support page.
Last updated: 19 May 2020