The Queensland Government is driving innovation to create a strong, vibrant economic future for our state.
The Innovation portfolio is responsible for supporting innovative practice across government and leading the $518 million Advance Queensland initiative to foster innovation and entrepreneurialism, capitalise on our natural advantages, and help raise Queensland’s profile as an attractive investment destination.
- We are supporting jobs by encouraging innovation and collaboration in industry.
- We are turning ideas into action by investing in research and technologies, attracting new investment, building global partnerships and encouraging businesses to start and grow in Queensland.
- We are making lives better by delivering world leading health and environmental protection outcomes and building connected communities.
- We are working together to tackle today’s challenges and grasp tomorrow’s opportunities by diversifying the economy and giving our children the skills and education they need to succeed.
- We are encouraging innovation within government, highlighting new projects and creating connections between government, startups and entrepreneurs.
The Advance Queensland initiative focuses on five key areas
Inspire Queenslanders to engage with science and technology, to be entrepreneurial and take their ideas to the world.
Discover new solutions to improve everyday lives through programs to foster current and future talent and enable researchers and industry to solve global challenges here in Queensland.
Connect Queenslanders to world-leading local and international innovators through programs that encourage collaboration and build the entrepreneurial ecosystem.
Invest in Queensland innovation through programs to encourage seed funding, venture capital and deal-flow, and foster emerging industries.
Grow the competitiveness of our businesses, industries and regions through programs to accelerate growth and unlock new markets and opportunities.
We are boosting our entrepreneurial culture by improving access to finance, new business opportunities, and management support for startups and small to medium enterprises.
We are helping make Queensland an investment destination for businesses by building a collaborative environment between research bodies and industry.
For Small Business
We are providing opportunities for small businesses to collaborate and build on their innovation and ideas, to help them grow and improve products and services, and compete in a global market.
We are positioning Queensland as a place for industry to collaborate with entrepreneurs, universities, businesses and government to turn great ideas into commercial products and jobs creation.
For Universities and Researchers
We are reinvigorating science research and innovation to help create the knowledge-based jobs of the future.