Innovation in government
The Innovation in Government team supports the Queensland Government to adopt new ways of thinking and working.
Our aim is to:
- support agencies to pursue innovative solutions for their most complex problems
- connect government with the most innovative Queensland firms and problem-solvers
- provide startups with opportunities to grow
- assist Queensland Government to become lead customers of innovation.
Programs and partnering
The Innovation in Government team provides tools, advice and networks that support government departments, teams and individuals working closely with the Queensland Chief Entrepreneur and other Queensland Government departments.
The program team deliveries include:
SparkPlug provides opportunities for innovators to connect with the Queensland Government. It is about connecting the right startups and small to medium enterprises (SMEs) with the right government contracts, and breaking down the barriers innovators face when approaching government.
The SparkPlug program aims to:
- support the Queensland Government to adopt innovative solutions which deliver improved outcomes for Queenslanders and
- provide opportunities for Queensland’s innovators to connect with Government.
Each SparkPlug event invites shortlisted applicants to present their innovative solutions to government.
Visit Advance Queensland to find out more.
Innovation Champions Network
With more than 300 active members, the Innovation Champions Network (ICN) is an ideal platform for promoting innovation and testing new ways of working and partnering across the Queensland Government.
The Innovation Champions Network aims to:
- maintain a community of like-minded public sector innovators
- explore and apply innovative approaches to public sector challenges
- provide a platform for public servants to share experiences and insights on public sector innovation
- build awareness and understanding of innovative practices and insights
- share information about events, workshops and keynote speakers.
The ICN meets every six to eight weeks to share innovative approaches and ideas across government and is open to all Queensland public servants. Since 2018, Innovation in Government team has hosted 14 ICN events where Government agencies have showcased their innovation successes, challenges and approaches to solving their missions that matter.
Last updated: 11 Feb 2020