Office of Small Business
The functions of the Office of Small Business are transitioning to the new Department of Employment, Small Business and Training. This site will continue to be available and updated until the establishment of the new Department of Employment, Small Business and Training website, which will see the relocation of the Office of Small Business site to the new website.
Queensland - the place for small business to start, grow and employ.
The Queensland Government recognises the challenges small businesses face and provides a range of programs, information and tools to support them. Visit Business Queensland to access this information and more.
The Office of Small Business
The Office of Small Business was established in July 2016 to:
- deliver the Advancing Small Business Queensland Strategy 2016-20
- position Queensland as the state for small business creation, growth and job generation through the delivery of targeted programs and services
- manage the Government's business services online through Business Queensland
- leverage the Advance Queensland agenda to foster entrepreneurship and innovation by small businesses.
Office of Small Business Report 2016-17
The Office of Small Business has released its first year report showing it continues to influence and impact small business to start, grow and employ by holding workshops and events throughout the state, maintaining the Business Queensland website and delivering targeted grants programs.
Download the Office of Small Business Report 2016-17.
Did you know:
- Queensland has more than 426,000 small businesses employing 44% of the Queensland private sector workforce
- Small businesses make up 97.5% of all businesses in Queensland
- Queensland is home to almost 20% of Australia’s small businesses.
Connect with us
For the latest information on small business programs, tools and services subscribe to our Advancing Small Business Queensland newsletter.