Tourism Investment Attraction
Queensland's resilient and diverse economy; strong collaboration between industry and government; growing domestic and international visitor arrivals; and supportive business environment, make it an excellent tourism investment destination.
Queensland is a spectacular place to visit and rich in natural wonders including the Great Barrier Reef, World Heritage rainforests, stunning beaches, awe-inspiring Outback and unique wildlife, which attract millions of tourists every year.
The government encourages investment for the revitalisation of existing tourism assets and the creation of new tourism infrastructure across the state.
The Queensland Government, led by the Department of Tourism, Major Events, Small Business and the Commonwealth Games, provides facilitation services to potential investors, with support extending to:
- A coordinated tourism investment approach - assisting developers of tourism products to navigate their way through government and streamline the development process.
- Marketing and promotional tools - development and delivery of information to inform investors about Queensland as a tourism investment destination.
- Tourism investment events - global delivery of targeted tourism investment attraction initiatives to showcase Queensland as a tourism investment destination and attract capital for tourism developments.
- Investment facilitation - assisting investors to deliver tourism products for Queensland.
For further information on investing in Queensland’s tourism industry please visit the Tourism Investment Gateway
Ecotourism is a key component of Queensland’s tourism industry and the Queensland Government is committed to creating more opportunities to showcase Queensland’s natural beauty while preserving these natural assets for future generations.
The Queensland Ecotourism Development Toolkit provides developers and investors with the knowledge and guidelines to help make informed decisions regarding the development of ecotourism products on different land tenures.
Combined with advice and assistance from your town planner and professional advisors, the toolkit can help you:
- create an ecotourism development proposal for securing necessary approvals
- gain an understanding of the ecotourism development process and how to navigate the planning and regulatory approvals process.
Queensland Ecotourism Investment Climate
The Queensland Government encourages private investment into ecotourism opportunities for the ‘right concept’ at the ‘right place’ for the ‘right investor’.
The Queensland Ecotourism Plan 2016-2020 aims to promote a fresh approach to ecotourism and provides strategic vision and direction to make Queensland an internationally celebrated ecotourism destination.
The Plan seeks to provide tourism operators, government, community and other stakeholders with clear direction on how Queensland will leverage its competitive advantage to become a bold, innovative, world leader in ecotourism.
For further information on ecotourism or investing in Queensland, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org