Minjerribah camping upgrades
Minjerribah Futures is funding upgrades to campgrounds on Minjerribah (North Stradbroke Island) to improve and diversify visitor accommodation options across the island.
The construction works and ongoing operation of the campgrounds will, in turn, support the local economy.
Work on the campgrounds is scheduled to begin in late 2019, with construction on both sites expected to be completed by the end of 2019.
The campgrounds plan outlines the current upgrades and opportunities for future development, including:
- construction of safari, eco and glamping tents mounted on raised timber decks
- upgrades to amenities and communal areas
- construction of a camp kitchen area
- improved landscaping
- improved protection of cultural heritage
- upgrades to roads
- changes to site access.
The project includes:
- developing detailed designs and costing to diversify the range of tourist accommodation improving amenities, common areas and road access
- developing or directly linking facilities for hosting of cultural and education activities
- provision of camp sites with disability access
- prioritising construction using available funds
- securing relevant approvals for construction to proceed
- contracting skilled contractors to deliver the infrastructure
- first stage construction utilising NSI ETS funding.
|Project lead||Quandamooka Yoolooburrabee Aboriginal Corporation (QYAC)|
|Project partners||Redland City Council|
Last updated: 03 Dec 2019